Densitometry of gels and immunoblots

Anthony Persechini ajp2o at crocus.medicine.rochester.edu
Mon Feb 28 14:55:01 EST 1994

I am in need of a way of quatitating bands on immunoblots and stained
gels. I am wondering if it is possible to do this with a flat bed
scanner as a digitizing device together some sort of commercial or freely
available software for the analysis. I would very much like to hear
cost-effective methods for doing this that are currently employed by
others.

I have PCs and an SGI machine in the lab. I would consider purchasing
a Mac if it means saving money overall (for example by using the NIH
Image software).

Thanks in advance for your replies. I am happy to post a summary to
the net if there is an interest.
--
Anthony Persechini
Assistant Professor