Coomassie staining

mhollowa at epo.som.sunysb.edu mhollowa at epo.som.sunysb.edu
Mon Feb 28 18:18:07 EST 1994

In article <2ktpo7$2bg at ysics.physics.sunysb.edu> Anne Savitt <asavitt at sunysb.edu> writes:
>I have a question about Coomassie staining.

Tsk, tsk, tsk.  Anne, it's nonspecific staining.  What does that mean?
Why ask me?  You know I haven't a clue.  Ionic interactions?

Anyway, I bet these papers have something to say about it.  Hope this
helps.

Mike

<1>
Unique Identifier
  79253627
Authors
  Wilson CM.
Title
  Studies and critique of Amido Black 10B, Coomassie Blue R, and Fast Green
  FCF as stains for proteins after polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.
Source
  Analytical Biochemistry.  96(2):263-78, 1979 Jul 15.

<1>
Unique Identifier
  83218404
Authors
  Wilson CM.
Title
  Staining of proteins on gels: comparisons of dyes and procedures.
Source
  Methods in Enzymology.  91:236-47, 1983.