Solubilising PAGE gels (probably a FAQ)

Ron Kagan rkagan at
Tue Jan 4 20:29:06 EST 1994

In article <2gbvibINNj44 at> R.G. Walters,
mbrgw at writes:

>I want to cut-out-and-count bands from a PAGE gel, and would like a
>easy method for solubilising the acrylamide.  I seem to recall a method
>involving H2O2, but don't know the details.  Can anyone help?

H2O2 works, but you can also use _SOLVABLE_(TM) from NEN Research Products
 (Cat. # NEF-910).  It is a tissue and gel soulbilizer and it works great
for dissolving acrylamide gel slices for scintillation counting.

>Robin Walters.                      Robert Hill Institute, Sheffield UK.
>A fact is an opinion that everyone agrees with.

No, reality is objective; facts exist independently of anyone's beliefs,
fears, or wishes.

    "If one man is more right than his fellow men, then he is a majority
of one."

           - Henry David Thoreau.

Ron Kagan
rkagan at