Primer Extension Problem!

frank at frank at
Thu Jan 6 10:24:53 EST 1994

We have tried to map the transcription start site of a gene using the
primer extension method without success. We obtain a number of bands, but
all of these bands appear on the autoradiograph whether we load a sample
of just the primer or the reverse transcribed RNA starting at the primer.
We are using 3 primers at different positions and the problem occurs with
all three primers.  We would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who
has had this problem and how they resolved it.

Many thanks,
Bart Frank