promoter analysis

Soeren Jensby Nielsen sjn at biobase.aau.dk
Thu Jan 6 05:53:24 EST 1994

Hi Netters!

I am about to make a deletion analysis of my human promoter, and
since we have no local expertise in this field I would be happy
for any suggestions/answers to the following questions.

1)   What is your preferred reporter gene - and assay?

2)   Have you got a favorite vector, and where can one get hold
     of it?

3)   Do you use an internal transfection standard, or normalize
     to total protein content.

I might add that this poor university is not equipped to do luci-
ferase assays, so light is out of the question.

Thanks for any help offered.

Soeren.