Which sequence analysis package?

Jim Woodgett jwoodget at ocicl.oci.utoronto.ca
Fri Jan 7 11:00:37 EST 1994

Whoops, I got carried away....I should have said that all of the commercial
progs allow sequence input from digitisers.  You can also convert automated
sequencer files for input (rather than using ABIs SeqEd, for example).  As
far as I know, there are no shareware alternatives (but I hate digitisers
anyway....).  The point is that 98% of the commercial programs are concerned
with stuff other than sequence input (i.e. manipulation).  It's these frills
that differentiate them.

Sorry for getting off topic.....

Jim