Double Take

Roger Wiegand rcwieg at ccmail.monsanto.com
Fri Jan 7 09:21:01 EST 1994

In article <1994Jan6.122653.8543 at aragorn.unibe.ch>,
<ZURLINDEN at IMB.unibe.ch> wrote:

> I plan to do some site directed mutagenesis on DNA templates. Recently I saw
> an ad for the Double Take mutagenesis kit from Stratagene. This kit seems to
> be very fast and efficient (according to the ad). Has someone any experience
> with this kit?
> Please mail to zurlinden at imb.unibe.ch  (or post)

It worked like a champ but, as of a month or so ago, they were no longer
selling it (here, anyway), allegedly because they were unable to obtain
sufficient quantities of the avidin beads that worked. If they're still
selling it in Europe it might make me suspect a patent problem rather than
a supply problem!

It did work as advertised.
--
Thanks,