S1 hydridization for determination of RNA levels

Heidi Lanora Hinkel hlhinkel at matt.ksu.ksu.edu
Mon Jan 10 15:13:34 EST 1994

	I am having a problem with my negative controls using S1
hybridization to determine RNA levels. My negative control is
consistently high, often higher than the positive control. To
produce a negative control, I add only my probe to the S1
nuclease buffer (including S1 nuclease). The positive controls
are produced by adding varing amounts of probe, but excluding the
S1 nuclease. Ihave done this seveal times with the same results,
so I am not mixing up my samples. If anyone has any ideas on this
please let me know. Thank you.

			Heidi Hinkel
			internet hlhinkel at matt.ksu.ksu.edu
			Divion of Biology