Phosphorimager recommendation?

Jonathan B. Marder MARDER at
Mon Jan 10 12:18:32 EST 1994

In article <1994Jan9.123147.9278 at> lsalati at writes:
>Subject: Phosphorimager recommendation?
>From: lsalati at
>Date: 9 Jan 94 12:31:47 EST

>Our biochemistry department has the fortunate luck (and funds) to
>be in the market for a Phoshorimager.  Can you give me any
>recommendations for ones that you think are good, preferably one(s)
>that you have used.

Following the discussion about Imagers over the summer, we finally decided on
a Fuji BAS system.  Some of our considerations were local i.e. the sort of
support we could expect from the agent.   Until recently, the Fuji system
would run only from a  SUN workstation, but now a MacIntosh operating system
is available (we use this) and there are rumours that PC support (via
Windows 3.1) will soon come out.

So far, we are happy with our choice.
Jonathan B. Marder                 '
Department of Agricultural Botany  |     Internet: MARDER at AGRI.HUJI.AC.IL
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem | /\/ Bitnet:   MARDER at HUJIAGRI
P.O.Box 12, Rehovot 76100, ISRAEL  /     Fax:      (08 or +9728) 467763