salvaging freezer contents

Frances Hannan Zoology flh at mbfs.bio.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 11 15:40:59 EST 1994

jschwar at cc.umanitoba.ca (Jacquie Schwartz) writes:

>Over the Christmas break our -20 degree freezer was accidentally
>unplugged.  The contents thawed and remained at room temperature for 1
>week before being discovered.  Although we realize that all of our enzymes
>can be discarded, we are unsure if any of the following items might be

I seem to remember a paper/report (in an old Biotechniques perhaps) where
they tested the survival of restriction enzymes deliberately left at RT
for varying times. I think their main conclusion was that most of the enzymes
were absolutely OK. Can anyone else supply the details or location of this
paper/report.

Frances Hannan
AFRC LMS, Zoology, Cambridge, UK
flh at mbfs.bio.cam.ac.uk