salvaging freezer contents

Frances Hannan Zoology flh at
Tue Jan 11 15:40:59 EST 1994

jschwar at (Jacquie Schwartz) writes:

>Over the Christmas break our -20 degree freezer was accidentally
>unplugged.  The contents thawed and remained at room temperature for 1
>week before being discovered.  Although we realize that all of our enzymes
>can be discarded, we are unsure if any of the following items might be
I seem to remember a paper/report (in an old Biotechniques perhaps) where
they tested the survival of restriction enzymes deliberately left at RT
for varying times. I think their main conclusion was that most of the enzymes
were absolutely OK. Can anyone else supply the details or location of this

Frances Hannan
AFRC LMS, Zoology, Cambridge, UK
flh at