Mass spectroscopy of proteins

Eric R. Hugo E_HUGO at dsu1.dsu.nodak.edu
Thu Jan 13 13:52:45 EST 1994

I have read that it is possible to use fast atom bombardment,
electrospray,
or laser desorption mass spectrometry to accurately determine
molecular
weights of proteins.  Is anyone aware of contract services that would
do
this for a protein of about 10,000 mw?  I would like to use it to rapidly
characterize mutant recombinant proteins.  Thanks for your help.

                         Sincerely yours,
                         Cliff Beall
                         Ohio State Biotech. Ctr.

Washington University School of Medicine's Protein Chemistry Lab has
an electrospray mass spec.  I'm not sure if they do contract work
outside the university but I do know that they contract within the
university.
                                                                        Eric
Eric R. Hugo, Ph.D.           |finger eric at bcserv.wustl.edu
Asst. Professor, Biology      |for public key
Dickinson State University    |(701) 227-2069
Dickinson, ND  58601          |E_Hugo at dsu1.dsu.nodak.edu