Contaminating plasmid

Christian Geltinger geltinger at gsf.de
Thu Jan 13 07:06:58 EST 1994

Hi netter,
We had the same problem with Bluescript-preparations in E.coli XL1 in our lab a
year ago, and fortunatly, it disappeared as it came. We speculated that it
might
be some sort of ssDNA which would explain the RnoncutabilityR of that
RplasmidR.
This might be due to a leaky f1 origin of bluescript. I remember we discarded
our competent cell stocks and prepared fresh E.coli. Our tip:
%Cut your contamination with an ssDNA cutting enzyme (see Biolabs catalogue)
%prepare new competent cells
%don+worry

Gruss aus Muenchen
Christian
geltinger at gsf.de
Institut fuer klinische Molekularbiologie und Tumorgenetik
GSF, Muenchen