alu sequence

suter at VAX.mpiz-koeln.mpg.d400.de suter at VAX.mpiz-koeln.mpg.d400.de
Thu Jan 13 06:55:07 EST 1994

S=sjn;OU=biobase;O=aau;P=minerva;A=dk400;C=dk  wrote:

+While analysing a human promoter I stumbled upon an Alu repeat. It is
+situated around 2kb 5 prime of the tss and it shares >80 % homology
+with other Alu repeats as verified by fasta search. I wondered if any
+of you Alu-experts out there could give me some hints as to the signi-
+ficance of this, or direct me to some litterature on the subject.

we have found a similar example. At that time, i could not find any
apparent relevance for the presence of the alu repeat. you may want to
look up our publication: i mention some references there about similar
cases. furthermore, i would be interested if you could post interesting mail
about this topic to the net.

"Organization and transient Expression of the Gene for Human U11 RNA"
C. Suter-Crazzolara and W. Keller; Gene Expression (1991) 1, 91-103

cheers,
clemens
Clemens Suter-Crazzolara, PhD
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Zuechtungsforschung
Abteilung Genetische Grundlagen der Zuechtungsforschung
Carl-von-Linne Weg 10,        D-50829 Koeln, Germany
Tel.xx49.221.5062-221    Fax.-213      e-mail: suter at vax.mpiz-koeln.mpg.d400.de