Magic minipreps--DNA don't cut

Rafa Maldonado rafael at genetics.med.utah.edu
Thu Jan 13 15:23:30 EST 1994

In  response to article <1994Jan13.171215.1 at samba.cnb.uam.es>
mrege at samba.cnb.uam.es

Hi Josefina:

Is problem with Wizard only? The older version (Magic minipreps) gave
me some troubles with the columns centrifugation steps. If the columns
are centrifugated too much time or at too much speed, some resin can
get into the elution and contaminate your DNA. I never have seen that
the plasmids became enzyme resistant, but it is a posibility. Try by
making the centrifugation step at 6000 rpm instead 13000 for one or two
minutes. Try washing twice, if you have time, and tell me (us) what
happens!

Petons

Rafael Maldonado
HHMI, University of Utah