Plasmid Prep for Sequencing (Sorry if this is FAQ)

mhollowa at epo.som.sunysb.edu mhollowa at epo.som.sunysb.edu
Sat Jan 15 14:38:34 EST 1994

In article <CJJ097.7t3 at umdnj.edu> bawagan at umdnj.edu (Hinayana Bawagan) writes:
>     What is a reliable DNA prepn method for sequencing?  I am sure
>that most of you have discovered little fine-tuning steps that are
>critical to the conventional protocols of alkali lysis or boiling.

Minipreps as conventional protocols for sequencing?  There are some that
will tell you that all you need to do is a miniprep with a PEG precip and
phenol extraction thrown in but the intensity of the claims is in direct
relation to the level of testosterone.  If you don't have the cleanest
prep possible you're just taking chances.

Mike Holloway
mhollowa at epo.som.sunysb.edu