windows-program for constructing plasmids

unknown at dl.ac.uk unknown at dl.ac.uk
Tue Jan 18 17:04:31 EST 1994

There is a program marketed by Scientific and Educational Software
called clone 4 that does exactly what you want.  I have used versions
of this program for years and found that it works very well.  It is a
DOS program, but the interface is extremely well though out.  As an
additional note, they have a multiple alignment program that I have
used that also workd very well.

Their address is:
Scientific and Educational Software
PO Box 440
State Line, Pennsylvania 17263 USA
Phone: 717-597-5307

I have no connection  or financial interest in this company

> Hi netfolk!
> Does anyone of you know a nice program for constructing plasmids in
> an easy way which runs on a PC (windows)?
> The program should be able to:
> fetch nucleotide sequences from databases (e.g. genebank), cut them
>   with restriction enzymes, isolate a chosen fragment and clone it
>   into a vector.
> it should further be able to draw the construct  (for
>   instance in a circular form), so that it looks fancy.
> This are the minimum requirements for the program.
> Thanks for the answers in advance,
> Hannes.
>
> Hannes Klump
> Institute of Biochemistry
> University of Vienna
> Dr. Bohrgasse 9/3
> A-1030 Vienna / Austria
> Hannes at bch.univie.ac.at

James F. George, Ph.D.              "Back off man, I'm a scientist"
Department of Surgery                --Bill Murray
University of Alabama at Birmingham
205-934-4261 voice
txpljfg at uabcvsr.cvsr.uab.edu