BuildSampleSheet for ABI sequencer

Jaime Prilusky lsprilus at weizmann.weizmann.ac.il
Tue Jan 18 02:39:01 EST 1994

A new release of the BuildSampleSheet, part of the (*)Automatic Sequencer
ToolChest, is available at our anonymous FTP
            server   bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il (or 132.76.55.12)
into the directory   pub/software/toolchest

This new version of BuildSampleSheet reads data from a tab separated
text file, like the one we obtain after exporting data from Excel.
I would appreciate your comments and suggestions.

BuildSampleSheet:

The ABI 373A DNA Sequencer we are using, requires the filling of a
special Sample Sheet for each run of 24 lanes. Even when not complicated
in principle, this form needs to be filled carefully, since will provide
the base of running for the sequencer and will serve as a document for
further reference.

The BuildSampleSheet software, access the central data storage and
retrieves the data for each sample. This data is presented to the
laboratory manager in a scrolling list, who may, just by clicking, select
those samples that are going to be analyzed in the next run. No typing
involved. The software generates an ABI 373A DNA Sequencer compatible
Sample Sheet and a working protocol, to be used (once printed) by the
technician when loading the samples.

(*) The Automatic Sequencer ToolChest is a set of four Macintosh programs
that cover different aspects of the administration of an ABI Automatic
Sequencer laboratory: BuildSampleSheet, CopySeqFiles, CopyGel and
AutoSendMail.

 Dr Jaime Prilusky, Head          ! lsprilus at weizmann.weizmann.ac.il
 Bioinformatics Unit              ! lsprilus at bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il
 Dep. of Biological Services      !
 Weizmann Institute of Science    ! fax: 972-8-344113