media & promega minipreps

Thomas_C.Newman 22313TCN at msu.edu
Wed Jan 19 18:26:36 EST 1994

We too have had some problems with the Promega Minipreps, where last year we
could get great sequence on our ABI373, the quality had dropped off.  We had
been growing our cells in terrific broth.  in conjuction with the testing of
some other equipment, we used cells grown in media obtained from MacConnell
Research for use with their automated system.  We found that just changing the
broth gave us once again excellant sequence data.

The cell pellets are smaller, and the cells resuspend very easily.  If anyone
wants to give it a try:

Macconnell Research
11408 Sorrento Valley rd.
Suite 202
San Deigo, Ca 92121
800-466-7949

MR2000   Bacterial Culture Media      $46

Normal Disclaimers, I just have been trying out there products and have no
affiliation with the company.

Tom Newman