E. coli strains for electroporation

txpljfg at UABCVSR.cvsr.uab.edu txpljfg at UABCVSR.cvsr.uab.edu
Tue Jan 25 14:41:14 EST 1994

I routinely use XL-1 blue, TB-1, and DH-5alpha strain for
electroporation.  In our hands we have been getting efficiences of 1-4
x 10e9 with pUC19, pUC18, and bluescript.

> Hello,
>
> What strains can you all reccommend for electroporation OTHER
> THAN MC1061.  Mc1061 carries streptomycin resistance which is
> also the selection for an Agrobacterium construct that we work
> with.  I have tried JM101 but got much lower competance.  How
> about Dh5, HB101 or other suggestions?
>
> Thanks for any responses,
>
> Paul Bucciaglia

James F. George, Ph.D.              "Back off man, I'm a scientist"
Department of Surgery                --Bill Murray
University of Alabama at Birmingham
205-934-4261 voice
txpljfg at uabcvsr.cvsr.uab.edu