nash effect with phagemids

John Nash nash at
Tue Jan 25 11:01:24 EST 1994

In article <2i2oaa$17n at>,
 <suter at> wrote:
>John Nash wrote:

>I cannot recall the above described Nash effect taking place if

Yesterday was a *BAD* day!  Remind me never to post when I'm having
one of those days...  My silly-bone gets stimulated.

About fd ss-ori lowering electroporation frequencies in some hosts...
I've never noticed it when using chemical transformation methods.
Also, I've only used DH5alpha and DH5alpha F' for electroporation, so
I can't say if it is host-dependent.

Also, Clemens, you're right; phagemids are very cumbersome vectors, I
much prefer using pUC18&19.  Sometimes I wonder why I gave up
M13mp18&19, too.

John Nash                           (nash at
Institute for Biological Sciences,  National Research Council of Canada,
                 Yet another Aussie-in-exile ;-)