Small c: a 50bp PCR-products, visualization?

dspete at helix.nih.gov dspete at helix.nih.gov
Fri Jan 28 13:25:57 EST 1994

In article <1994Jan28.105904.4894 at nomina.lu.se>, <Lars.S at Plantbio.lu.se>
writes:

> I will start running some PCRs with primers derived from N/terminal amino
> acid sequences based on method described by Walker et.al 1992. And I am
> woundering if somebody knows of a good gel method to separate DNA
> fragments of size about 50 bp? It would be nice to be able to visulaize
> the PCR products separated on gel to be able to tell if a product is made
> in the reactions.
> All replies or related suggestions appreciated.
> Lars Snogerup               Lars.S at Plantbio.lu.se
> Plant Biochemistry
> Lund University
> Sweden

You could try PCR Purity Plus from AT Biochem (800-282-4626, FAX 215-889-9304).
It's a modified acrylamide and should separate fragments as small as 50 bp.
Alternatively just try running the products on a 10 or 20 acrylamide gel.

* Dr. David S. Peterson             Phone  (301) 496-4023               *
* National Institutes of Health                                         *
* Laboratory of Malaria Research    Fax    (301) 402-0079               *
* Bldg4, Rm B1-34                                                       *
* Bethesda MD, 20892                Email: dspete at helix.nih.gov         *