ECL Quantitation of westerns

JOHNSON_T johnson_t at am.pclsv3.sandoz.com
Wed Jan 26 10:06:44 EST 1994

I have a question about quantitiation of western blots
using chemilluminescence.  I have seen papers which have
used ECL and densitometry for quantitation of specific
proteins, but I have doubts about the validity of this
particular procedure.  I guess if the antibody is
carefully titrated with known amounts of purified
antigen, then one could accept the results.  However,
known amounts of antigen are not always available.  Could
someone enlighten me on this subject.  I thank you in
advance

Todd M. Johnson
Sandoz Research Institute
East Hanover, NJ 07936

E-mail  Johnson_T at AM.pclsv3.sandoz.com