PAGE - misformed wells - help

Ding Ming ming at
Mon Jan 31 17:26:59 EST 1994

In article <2ijiht$753 at>, khalid at (Rasheed Khalid)

> (sides, bottom or top), there appear what look like bubbles which are
> actually points of separation of gel from the glass plates, and these
> sometimes grow and spread in the area of the clamp like an invasion.
> This happens as polymerisation proceeds.

This kind of separation happened when you stored the gel for a little bit
longer time and that part of the gel got a little bit dried out, or if you
polymerized the gel in a hurry. I am not sure about the reason and it may
be cause the by the contraction of the gel. But as far as I run into this,
it didn't affect the electrophoresis so I could get along with it.
Ding Ming                           Telephone: (608)265-3544
University of Wisconsin-Madison          Fax: (608)262-7420