Carrier molecules

Mark Solomon Mark_Solomon at QM.Yale.edu
Mon Jan 31 14:11:08 EST 1994

In article <2ih89g$cgd at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, JOHN <KORTE at UNCVX1.OIT.UNC.EDU>
wrote:

> Greetings,
>      Does anyone know of a protocol tells how to use acrylamide as a carrier
> molecule?  I read something about this in either NAR or perhaps Biotechniques,
> but have been unable to locate the reference.  Thanks in advance.
> 			John Korte

Check out Gaillard and Strauss (1990). Ethanol precipitation of DNA with
linear polyacrylamide as carrier.  NAR 18:378.  I used this procedure
around 8 or 9 years ago and was quite satisfied with it.  (Strauss and I
were in the same lab and he sold many of us on it.)  Good luck.

Mark Solomon
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry
Yale University
Mark_Solomon at QM.Yale.edu