RNA isolation request

ellenmq at nickel.ucs.indiana.edu
Sat Jul 2 12:21:51 EST 1994

Winoto lab (lab_winoto at maillink.berkeley.edu.) wrote:
: In article <2tqe4a$h34 at taco.cc.ncsu.edu>
: skantar at unity.ncsu.edu (Andrea M Skantar) writes:

: > I'm posting for a friend who is exploring different protocols for either
: > mRNA isolation or total RNA isolation from nematodes (specifically plant
: > parasitic nematodes).  If anyone can direct us to some good (or bad)
: > protocols (endorsements or flames welcome), please email me and I'll pass
: > them along.  Or if you know of where in IUBIO archive to look.  I
: > browsed, but did not find anything.
:

: Andrea,
: See "Isolation of RNA from just about anything" in this newsgroup
: Pendragon

The best total RNA protocol I know of is the one by Chomczynski, P. and N.
Sacchi (1987) Single Step Method of RNA Isolation by Acid Guanidinium
Thiocyanate-Phenol-Chloroform Extraction. Analytical Biochemistry, 162: p.156.

Ellen