Cloning 12-15kb DNA

ellenmq at nickel.ucs.indiana.edu
Sat Jul 2 12:09:26 EST 1994

gritsun at molbiol.ox.ac.uk wrote:
: I am working with a 12-15kb DNA molecule which has not been stable in vectors
: pGEM3, pGEM4 and pBR322. I'd be grateful for any suggestions for a suitable
: vector. Thanks in advance
: Tamara Gritsun
: Institute of Virology
: Oxford Uk

You may want to try a phagemid like those sold by Stratagene as they are
designed to give greater stability for large inserts--pBluescript, pBC or pBS.

-Ellen Quardokus, Indiana University-Bloomington