books on PCR

ellenmq at nickel.ucs.indiana.edu
Sat Jul 2 12:58:16 EST 1994

Ed Beaty (edbeaty at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu) wrote:
: In article <2up875$m79 at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, WMGDDM <WMGDDM at CARDIFF.AC.UK>
: wrote:
: >     Does anyone know of any recent publications on
: > PCR ? I seem to remember some postings about a new book
: > recently (but didn't note the author, title, etc).
: >     Could someone re-post the details
: > Thanx
: > Dave Morgan

: I believe that Kary Mullis (Mr. PCR himself) recently authored a book on
: PCR.  I think it was called "PCR"  (kinda sums it up right there, doesn't
: it?)  It came out this year.  I don't know who the publisher is, though.
: Hope this helps! Ed Beaty
: edbeaty at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu

This is not a methods book, but does shed an interesting light on the way
Kary Mullis views PCR and his role.
The reference is The Polymerase Chain Reaction by Kary Mullis, Francois
Ferre, and Richard A. Gibbs, Foreword by James D. Watson, Published by
Birkhauser,1994,ISBN 0-8176-3750-8, 3-7643-3750-8.

Another book I recently saw was PCR Protocols, Current Methods and Applications
Edited by Bruce A. White, 408pp, 1993, ISBN 0-89603-244-2

Ellen
ellenmq at bronze.ucs.indiana.ed