gels sticking to glassplate

M. L. Huang rin0mxw at bumed30.med.navy.mil
Tue Jul 5 11:14:37 EST 1994

On Tue, 28 Jun 1994 12:21:53 GMT,
Neil Winegarden  <nwinegar at tuzo.erin> wrote:

>In article <peter.thoren.9.2E0FEF77 at genetik.uu.se>,
>Peter Thor n <peter.thoren at genetik.uu.se> wrote:
>>Hi netters!
>>
>>I m running microsatellites in a 6% seq.gel. My problem is that sometimes when
>>I split the glassplates the gel will stick to both plates. That is of course
>>not good so my question is: Are there anything I can use that is cheap and
>>easy, besides repellsilane, to solve this problem?
>>
>>Kind regards,
>>
>>Peter Thor n
>>
>>Peter.Thoren at genetik.uu.se
>
>Try siliconizing one plate with sigmacote (Sigma cat no. SL 2).  Seems to
>work pretty good for some of the people here.
>
>--
>________________________________
>Neil Winegarden
>University Of Toronto
>nwinegar at credit.erin.utoronto.ca

The non-toxic non-stick cooking spray PAM from supermarket is a good GREEN
substitue for Sigmacote.

************************************   Peace_Peace_Peace_Peace_Peace_Peace
Mark L. Huang, Ph.D.                  Z
E-mail: rin0mxw at bumed30.med.navy.mil  a        __|__   ______     |
Naval Medical Research Institute      i       |  |  | | ---- |    |
Code 61, 8901 Wisconsin Ave.          j       |__|__| | __L_ |   / \
Bethesda, MD 20889-5607 U. S. A.      i          |    | __L_ |  /   \
Voice: (301) 295-1122 Fax: -6857      a          |    |______| /     \
Immune Cell Biology Program           n