Who sells my ideal E. coli expression vector?

Shahram Mori smori at nmsu.edu
Mon Jul 4 13:32:23 EST 1994

ANDY PHILLIPS  (Tel +44 275 392181 EXT 257) (andy.phillips at afrc.ac.uk) wrote:
: Dear All,

: We have two plant cDNAs of unknown function that we want to express in E.
: coli for making antibodies. The expression vector should have as many as
: possible of the following features:
: 1. T7 promoter
: 2. C-terminal purification tag, eg 6xHis, to avoid isolation of truncated
:        products
: 3. N-terminal tag for further purification eg GST

: Less important:
: 4. Kan resistance, if possible, for plasmid stability (works better than Amp in
:        our hands)

: Anyone know where I could get hold of such a beast?

: Thanks,
: Andy Phillips
: andy.phillips at bbsrc.ac.uk
: Long Ashton Research Station
: Bristol, BS18 9AF, UK
Andy, the closest thing that I found was pBKPhagemid vectors ( CMV or RSV) by
strategene. They carry most of what you want and also have Kan resistance
on them. They are in 1994 Stratagene catalogue on page 27.
cheers
Shahram Mori
Program in Molecular Biology
Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry Box 3C
NMSU Las Cruces NM
88003

 _/\_
_\  /_