lambda gt11 screening woes

jfh jfhess at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jul 5 13:58:08 EST 1994

Yo ho ho fellow molbio netters!

So, your purified phage DNA is giving you problems.  Are you completely
satisfied that your phage is a real positive?  I hate to say it, but have
you done the proper controls?

If so, then I would suggest that you attempt PCR  on the purified phages
or phage DNA.  Even if you don't have any data about your cDNA inserts,
you can use gt11 specific primers to amplify the entire insert.  Since
you said this is cDNA (gt11 also), I would expect the insert to be
PCR-able, ie not to big.

If you need, I can rummage through my things to get the sequences of
generic oligos for gt11.  I could also be persuaded to send you an
aliqout of the oligos if necessary.

John Hess, PhD                    Phone me 916 752 8420
Dept of Human Anatomy             FAX me 916 752 8520
University of Calif               Email me jfhess at ucdavis.edu
Davis, CA                         or leave me alone, your choice.