BIOTINYLATION OF RNA (5' or 3' end only)

GARCIA02 at UTSW.SWMED.EDU GARCIA02 at UTSW.SWMED.EDU
Tue Jul 5 23:24:30 EST 1994

Hello:
I am trying to biotinylate RNA, but I would like it to be biotinylated
at the 5' or 3' (whichever) end only.  I am trying to avoid internal
labeling.  Looking at synthetic sources, they discouraged me mainly because
it being too long (40 and 60 bp). I am also considering synthetizing a
small RNA oligo and ligating it to the rest but it does not seem to be
a trivial thing.  Any Ideas?

Happy world cup, and may Brazil win.

Leon Fernando