HA epitope tagging

Dennis J. Templeton djt2 at po.cwru.edu
Tue Jul 5 18:19:01 EST 1994

In article <kirk.cunningham-050794150513 at 124.52.med.umich.edu>,
kirk.cunningham at um.cc.umich.edu (Kirk Cunningham) wrote:

> Are there any commercially available vectors for making HA-tagged proteins?
>  Seems like all the references we can find have used PCR-based methods with
> the tag built into the primers.
> Thanks.

The best way *is* with the tag built into the primers. Any pre-built vector
will require you to adapt your coding region into the tag, so you might as
well do it all by PCR.

BTW, there was a story going around that the HA antibody was erratically
unavailable. It certainly will bu$t your budget if you ever need a mg or so
of antibody. You might consider other tags for which the cell lines are
freely available (i.e. the myc tag, which is available from ATCC).

good luck,

--
Dennis J. Templeton
CWRU School of Medicine