HA epitope tagging

Dennis J. Templeton djt2 at po.cwru.edu
Tue Jul 5 18:19:01 EST 1994

In article <kirk.cunningham-050794150513 at 124.52.med.umich.edu>,
kirk.cunningham at um.cc.umich.edu (Kirk Cunningham) wrote:

> Are there any commercially available vectors for making HA-tagged proteins?
>  Seems like all the references we can find have used PCR-based methods with
> the tag built into the primers.
> Thanks.

The best way *is* with the tag built into the primers. Any pre-built vector
will require you to adapt your coding region into the tag, so you might as
well do it all by PCR.

BTW, there was a story going around that the HA antibody was erratically
unavailable. It certainly will bu$t your budget if you ever need a mg or so
of antibody. You might consider other tags for which the cell lines are
freely available (i.e. the myc tag, which is available from ATCC).

good luck,

Dennis J. Templeton
CWRU School of Medicine