PCR product purifn. for sequencing

Roger Wiegand rcwieg at ccmail.monsanto.com
Tue Jul 5 08:57:52 EST 1994

In article <9407042125.4e17d561.LN1 at Lincoln.cri.nz>,
SCRIMSHAWB%GRIEHFS at LINCOLN.CRI.NZ ("Scrimshaw, Brian J") wrote:

> Purification of PCR products for sequencing.

<deleted>

I use a biotinolated primer and clean up on streptavidin magnetic beads.
Works consistently, is fast, and can be scaled to fairly high throughput.
The problem, of course, is that you have to invest an extra $50 in your
primers. Well worth it if you use the primer repeatedly. I've used this
templete (on the beads) for cycle sequencing, I'll be trying sequenase in
the next week or so.

--
Thanks,
Roger

rcwieg at ccmail.monsanto.com
"If you push it hard enough, it *will* fall over"