Ligase Chain reaction for RNA?

Alex Chang lpss at unixg.ubc.ca
Wed Jul 6 19:13:55 EST 1994

I have two spliced RNA fragments from a precursor hepatitis delta RNA,
I'd like to know whether there is a base or two got deleted during the
process of splicing.

I would appreciate it if someone could give me some idea whether I could
use the same strategy of LCR to detect it. I do have the DNA template
(plasmid DNA) from which the hepatitis delta RNA transcribed from. I
guess the critical part is, whether the heat stable ligase used in LCR
could link two ajacent RNA fragment (which are bound to the DNA
template).

--
Alex Chang
Microbiology