Ligase Chain reaction for RNA?

Alex Chang lpss at
Wed Jul 6 19:13:55 EST 1994

I have two spliced RNA fragments from a precursor hepatitis delta RNA,
I'd like to know whether there is a base or two got deleted during the
process of splicing.

I would appreciate it if someone could give me some idea whether I could
use the same strategy of LCR to detect it. I do have the DNA template
(plasmid DNA) from which the hepatitis delta RNA transcribed from. I
guess the critical part is, whether the heat stable ligase used in LCR
could link two ajacent RNA fragment (which are bound to the DNA

Alex Chang
University of British Columbia
lpss at