Commercial immunizations?

Andreas Weber aweber at biolan.uni-koeln.de
Wed Jul 6 09:56:03 EST 1994

In article <djt2-050794191927 at path22285.path.cwru.edu>, djt2 at po.cwru.edu
(Dennis J. Templeton) says:

>What are the experiences out there with companies that immunize rabbits
>with protein you provide? How is the service and prices? Is there a
>particular source that is recommended?
>
>Thanks for the input; email to me will be summarized.
>
>djt2 at po.cwru.edu
>
>--
>Dennis J. Templeton
>CWRU School of Medicine

Hi Dennis,

we have tried the immunization service offered by Eurogentec
in Belgium. Costs are $300 for the immunization of one rabbit.
You will get the pre-immunization serum, a small test sample
after the first boost, a large taking of blood after the second
boost (5ml) and the final bleeding (ca. 50ml).
We have got good antisera and bad ones too, but I think, this is
more dependent on the antigen.
Hope this helps

Andreas

* Andreas Weber                    Tel.: (49)-931-470-5664  *
* University of Cologne            Fax.: (49)-931-470-5181  *
* Department of Botany II                                   *
* Gyrhofstr. 15                                             *
* 50931 Cologne                                             *
* Germany                  email:aweber at biolan.uni-koeln.de *