Yeast Expression Vectors

Andreas Weber aweber at biolan.uni-koeln.de
Wed Jul 6 09:47:50 EST 1994

In article <wi6PqJK00iV384jcpP at andrew.cmu.edu>, Klara Briknarova
<kb87+ at andrew.cmu.edu> says:

>Hello,
>do you know of any commercial (or non-commercial) source of yeast
>expression vectors? I'm looking for vectors which include a strong
>promoter (inducible or non-inducible) and a sequence targeting the
>protein for secretion (like alfa-factor). The vectors can be based on
>2um plasmid, or integrating into yeast genome.
>Thanks for any suggestions.
>
>Klara Briknarova
>Department of Chemistry
>Carnegie Mellon University

dear Klara,

you should try the Pichia pastoris expression system which
is available from Invitrogen.
It contains a set of three different yeast expression vectors
(one intracellular/two with targeting sequence) which are inducible
by methanol.
The kit also contains a Pichia pastoris strain and an E.coli strain
suitable for the propagation of the plasmids.
The vectors integrate into the genome by recombination and should
therefore give stable transformants.

Andreas

* Andreas Weber                    Tel.: (49)-931-470-5664  *
* University of Cologne            Fax.: (49)-931-470-5181  *
* Department of Botany II                                   *
* Gyrhofstr. 15                                             *
* 50931 Cologne                                             *
* Germany                  email:aweber at biolan.uni-koeln.de *