96-well minipreps

David Micklem drm21 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 7 07:57:40 EST 1994

Hi Networkers,

I hope someone can help me...

I used to have a very useful protocol for doing minipreps in 96 well
plates.  Now I can't find the paper, and I can't remember the authors names
or the journal, nor even the year!  I've done a bit of literature searching
for it, but I just can't find it.

Does anyone out there know this method and have a reference?  An outline of
the method as I remember it follows:

 Grow up bugs in 1ml tubes on 96well format (available USA/Scientific Plastics).

 Using multichannel pipette, transfer 100ul each to 100ul glycerol for stocks.

 Tranfer another 100ul to another 96-well plate.  Pellet cells

 Prep DNA by a slightly modified alkaline lysis procedure. (This is the bit
that I need the paper for!

The DNA quality was fine for restriction analysis, but not great for sequencing.

Thanks for your help.....

David

D.R.Micklem,
Tennis Court Road,
Cambridge CB2 1QR             Fruit flies like a banana.
UK
Tel: [+44] (0)223 334129      Email:drm21 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Fax: [+44] (0)223 334089