lambda gt11 screening woes

Andrew Cannons acannons at com1.med.usf.edu
Thu Jul 7 07:07:25 EST 1994

We used to have problems with gt11.  Apparantly sometimes the EcoR1 sites
can be modified.  We just overcame this using PCR.  Also the extraction
of DNA is important.  We use a method that gets gt11 DNA that is good
enough for sequencing and that nearly always cuts.  We use an extraction
method that was in BioTechniques, I think 1989.
Good Luck
Andy Cannons