genomic dna for pcr

Patricia Foster pfoster at bu.edu
Thu Jul 7 17:32:03 EST 1994

: In article <2vhb9q$rhf at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, sbhattac at crc.ac.uk (Dr. S.
: Bhattacharya) wrote:

: > Hi all,
: > Can someone guide me to a quick method for preparing
: > genomic dna suitable for pcr?
: > Can one for instance use a 'magic miniprep resin?

  Ever since the Wizard/Magic fiasco, we have been trying every
kit sold to make genomic DNA from E. coli for PCR (much harder
than from plasmid, plus we have a long, difficult PCR).  The
CTAB prep works great, but is too long for +++ samples.  We are
happy right now with IsoQuick from MicroProbe, Corp
(and praying that they don't change it)
Pat
--
Patricia L. Foster