DNA from Low Melt Gel Procedure

the End jgraham at bronze.ucs.indiana.edu
Thu Jul 7 15:22:24 EST 1994

Indeed, in my experience  DNA recovered by freeze-thaw based procedures from
LMP agarose is suitable for ligation, restriction, T4 pol end fills, PCR, and
T7 transcription without further purification. In fact the only thing I have
found it unsuitable for is transformation. Every procedure I have used to
further "clean-up" such samples (Elu-tip, organic extraction, electroelution,
glass-binding (Gene Clean, GF-C) ect.) has been the source of variable amount
of loss of sample. These procedures really can really slow you down and
are for the most part unnecessary. Of course there are situation where
such rigorous purification might be important.

Not affiliated with Macherey-Nagel or "The Nest Group" :)

Jim