V517 strain - Size of plasmids?

jenfedaque at samba.cnb.uam.es jenfedaque at samba.cnb.uam.es
Thu Jul 7 17:45:38 EST 1994

Hi all,

I'm using the E.coli strain V517 as standard in plasmid preps.
This strain harbors many plasmids, so it can be used to size any
plasmid in its circular form. The problem is that I don't have
the reference for the strain, nor the molecular weights of the
plasmids (I have some guess in MDa, but I would prefer the size in
Kbp).

Does anyone know something about this strain (source, references,
list and size of plasmids) ? I would be eternally grateful for
this information ;-)

Thanx,

Sonia

Dept. Microbiology