quantifying mRNA

Kim Marshall kam at s27w007.pswfs.gov
Fri Jul 8 13:35:07 EST 1994

       I need help in trying to quantify mRNA after selection
   from total RNA. If I use the spectrophotometer I have to resuspend
   in 400 ul of water which then has to be lyophilized before loading
   onto a gel. I worry about the RNA degrading during lyophilizing.
   I also tried a dot method using different concentrations of tRNA
   with etbr but most of my dots look too similar in concentration that I
  question the accuracy. Can any one help me here? Thanks for any
  suggestions.
                                            Kim