Size fractionation of genomic DNA

Robert Roxby rr at BMMB01.UMESCI.MAINE.EDU
Fri Jul 8 10:01:22 EST 1994

Hi, folks,
  I've been having some trouble constructing genomic libraries and suspect the
problem may come from an inability to make unsheared DNA.  Most of my DNA is in
the 50-100 kb range, but there is a smear of smaller stuff present.  I have
been trying to remove this by gel fractionation, electoelution and elutip-d
purification, with poor recoveries.  Any advice welcome.  Thanks, Bob