GST fusion proteins

KURVARI at UTSW.SWMED.EDU KURVARI at UTSW.SWMED.EDU
Fri Jul 8 11:03:47 EST 1994

Hi,
I was following the mail regarding the GST fusion proteins,
or their problems with solubility and stuff. I have had
a soluble and an insoluble GST fusion protein. I was able to
solubilize the insoluble GST fusion protein using Laroyl Sarkosine.
The LS-soluble protein can be recovered using glutathione beads.
The yield in my case was only about 30%. If you need further info,
please see the Anal.Biochem. 210, 179-187 (1993).
Venkatesh Kurvari
UT Southwestern, Dallas, Tx.