megaplasmid megaprep

Castor Menendez menendez at mibm.ruf.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Jul 11 09:51:12 EST 1994

Dear netters,

Who can recommend me a reliable method for preparative scale
purification of a large plasmid ?

I am working with a 160 KB plasmid from a Gram + organism.
We have tried a variety of methods with very disappointing results.
All are labor intensive and give very poor yields
(5 ug / lt culture approx.), or no plasmid at all.

Does anybody have tried something like large scale plasmid
purification using pulsed field electrophoresis?

Thanks for your help.

C. Menendez

(menendez at sun2.ruf.uni-freiburg.de)