Usage of degenerated oligonucleotides

Reinhard Kunze kunze at gen1.genetik.uni-koeln.de
Tue Jul 12 05:55:06 EST 1994

Is there everyone having experience in the use of degenerated oligonucleotides?
My plan is to order a 60 bases long oligonucleotide for site-directed
mutagenesis, that should have four "wobble"-positions. Can you please give
me advice, in what ratios C and G have to be mixed for the synthesis
machine, if  four C's shall be substituted in different combinations by G's.
Thanks in advance,
You can also contact me directly. My E-mail-adress is
shivani at genetik.uni-koeln.de

Shivani Chaterjee