Big cloning

Cam Patterson Patterson at cvlab.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 13 05:49:00 EST 1994

Fellow netters,

I am curious about how people deal with cloning of large
(over 10 kb) fragments. We have had a lot of discussion
in our lab about this topic, and haven't reached any resolution.
Perhaps it would be useful to have a discussion here regarding
this matter. I would be curious to know what size fragments
people have been able to clone, into what vectors, using
what cells, what ligase, special tricks, etc. Thanks.

Cam