NIH Imaging software

Dietmar.Tietz at agrar.uni-giessen.de Dietmar.Tietz at agrar.uni-giessen.de
Wed Jul 13 03:20:28 EST 1994

> Hi,
>
> We would like to know more about the Imaging software that is available
> through NIH.  How can we get it? And any other comments!
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Liam Good

Subscribing to the new NIH Image mailing list is good way to get in contact
with other Image users and to get questions answered. It was set up by a
group in the Soil Science Department at the University of Minnesota. To
subscribe, send a message containing the line "subscribe nih-image <your
name>" to listserv at soils.umn.edu.  ("Your name" is your actual name,
NOT your e-mail address.  The e-mail address comes from the headers).

------------------------------

NIH Image is a public domain image processing package for the Macintosh.

The home site for NIH Image is zippy.nimh.nih.gov in directory /pub/nih-image.
Copies exist in many places.  Wayne has changed his file names to include
nih-image rather than just image, so that archie should be able to find
copies, provided that other archivists preserve the name.

Another good location is sumex-aim.stanford.edu (36.44.0.6)
/info-mac/grf/util and mirrors of that site.

-------------------------------

This list is taken from the NIH-Image 1.52 manual.

BRAIN
(2-DG and receptor autoradiography)
Image and Computer Vision Center,  Drexel University
Philadelphia, PA
215-895-1381

NCSA Image, PalEdit, Layout, and Gel Reader (all public domain)
(Scientific visualization, palette editing, gels)
NCSA, Champaign, IL
217-244-0072
Anonymous ftp: zaphod.ncsa.uiuc.edu

DIP Station
(Medical image analysis, 16-bits, surface rendering)
Hayden Image Processing Group
Boulder, Colorado
303-449-3433  (whc at po.cwru.edu)

Photoshop
(Color image processing, 24-bit to 8-bit color conversion,
file conversion, plug-in modules)
Adobe Systems
Mountain View, CA
415-961-4400
Enhance
Micro Frontier
Des Moines, Iowa
515-270-8109

PixelTools, TCL-Image
(Video rate processing, 1340x1035 frame grabber)
Perceptics Corporation
Knoxville, TN
615-966-9200

The Explorer
(Medical image analysis)
UCLA
Los Angeles, CA
213-825-0757

Transform, View, Format, and Dicer
(Scientific visualization, presentation graphics,
volume visualization)
Spyglass, Inc.
Savoy, IL
217-355-6000

Image Analyst
Automatix
Billerica, MA
508-667-7900

VoxBlast
(Volume rendering, video microscopy)
VayTek,Inc
Fairfield, Iowa
515-472-2227

IPLab
(FFT, >8-bits precision, 24-bit color, scripting)
Signal Analytics
Vienna, VA
703-281-3277

VoxelView/Mac
(Volume rendering)
Vital Images
Fairfield, Iowa
515-472-7726

MedVision
(Medical image analysis, multi-modality studies, 16-bits, extendible)
Evergreen Technologies, Inc.
Gaithersburg, MD
301-948-1800   (evergreen at applelink.apple.com) Ultimage
GTFS Inc.