Isolation of FUNCTIONAL Nuclei

U52608 at UICVM.UIC.EDU U52608 at UICVM.UIC.EDU
Wed Jul 13 12:34:59 EST 1994

Hi, Dear Netter,

I am using isolated rat or mice hepatocyte nuclei to perform nuclei uptake stud
ies. Therefore my nuclei preparation have to be pure, intact, and ALIVE (FUNCTI
ONAL). Does anybody know how to get such perfect FUNCTIONAL nuclei? And how am
I going to test if my nuclei preparation is functional or not? For how long can
 the isolated nuclei maintain functional? Any trick to preserve nuclei intact?

I've followed the methods described in PNAS 86:453, 1989, to isolate nuclei and
did similar calcium uptake studies. But my results are not consistent. Also the

Hi, Dear Netter,

I am using isolated rat or mice hepatocyte nuclei to perform nuclei uptake stud
ies. Therefore my nuclei preparation have to be pure, intact, and ALIVE (FUNCTI
ONAL). Does anybody know how to get such perfect FUNCTIONAL nuclei? And how am
I going to test if my nuclei preparation is functional or not? For how long can
 the isolated nuclei maintain functional? Any trick to preserve nuclei intact?

I've followed the methods described in PNAS 86:453, 1989, to isolate nuclei and
did similar calcium uptake studies. But my results are not consistent. Also the
 magnitude of Ca active uptake is far less than the authors described on that
paper. I am quite frustrated. The authors are in Dept of Toxicology, Karolinska
 Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden. I've tried Gopher to search their e-mail addres
s, but I failed. Does anyone know how to get their e-mail address, if there is?

Any suggestion is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Fang
U52608 at UICVM   or   U52608 at UICVM.UIC.EDU