Mac Reference/Bibliography programs

Tom Thatcher ttha at troi.cc.rochester.edu
Thu Jul 14 12:05:48 EST 1994

In <303gk0$jvd at lyra.csx.cam.ac.uk> Alex Knight <alex at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk> writes:

>In article <1994Jul14.104622.1 at vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au> ,
>mikel at vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au writes:
>>I was wondering if anyone can recommend reference/bibliography managers
>for
>>the Mac's. I am about to undertake the writing of my PhD thesis and
>haven't

>I recommend EndNote +. I have just used it to do my PhD thesis, and I
>highly recommend it. Its usefulness depends on which word processor you
>are using. With some (such as Microsoft Word) it has a plug-in module
>which integrates the functions of Endnote with those of the word
>processor. It is quite straightforward to use, but also pretty flexible.
>You can do citations and bibliographies in just about any style you can
>think of.

I highly recommend Reference Manager.  It supports all major word
processing programs, can import references from almost any source,
and can be purchased with Reference Update, which automatically searches
and imports references from CUrrent Contents on Disk.

Of course, I only used my boss's copy; I didn't pay for it myself.
Ref Manager is ++$ over EndNote.

Tom Thatcher
University of Rochester Cancer Center